The Sonlight Journey program at Axis Church provides children with special needs the opportunity to attend church and learn about God. Parents of children with special needs will also have the opportunity to attend a church service with ease knowing that their child is in a safe environment. The Sonlight Journey program has trained volunteers to meet each childs learning style. A variety of teaching techniques including ABA principles and Positive Behavioral Support classroom strategies are used.
SONLIGHT JOURNEY VISION STATEMENT
Axis Church is a church committed to providing children with special needs the opportunity to build a biblical relationship with JESUS CHRIST by using a variety of teaching techniques that will best meet their learning style.
1. Each child will have the opportunity to learn and build a relationship with Jesus.
2. Help each child discover and develop their gifts and talents, which can be used within the church and in their community.
3. Integrate children with special needs within the church setting to the bestof their abilities.
4. Increasing fellowship with other children in the church.
Sonlight Journey will serve children ages 3-12. Families that are interested can register their child by filling out a registration form. For more information, please contact the church office.
* Space is limited / First come, first serve basis.